A digital wallet named Venmo owned by PayPal allows people to transfer and receive payment securely. Generally free to use Venmo applies fees when the clients use a linked credit or debit card as the payment method. As Venmo and PayPal are very much related services, the logical question can pop up in people’s minds about how to transfer Venmo to PayPal without bank account.
Indeed, there is no direct transfer option from Venmo to PayPal. It needs to bridge the same bank account to both ends of Venmo and PayPal. There are a few indirect ways to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal like using a bank account as a via route, taking a third-party money transfer service provider’s connecting route, and using a peer-to-peer payment app.
How To Create a Venmo Account?
To create a Venmo account, the sequences are:
- First, download the Venmo app or Visit the official Venmo website.
- Open the app/website and press the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- Use Email Address, Password and Phone Number to open a Venmo account.
- See Email Inbox, then verify the account by clicking on the verification link.
- Verify the phone number by entering the code in a specific field. Venmo will send this code through a text message to your phone.
- After authentication, fill out more information about yourself to validate your identity and account security.
- Lastly, you need to connect a funding source like a bank account or debit card to send or receive money via the Venmo account.
How to Add Money to Venmo?
To add money to Venmo, the followings are the steps:
- Firstly, sign in to your account.
- Click on the (☰) menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on “Add Money”.
- Enter the desired amount.
- Select the source of funds. Here you have to use a linked bank account, debit card, or credit card.
- Follow the prompts to the link with the earlier provided payment method and authorize the transaction.
- When the transaction is done, the money will come to your Venmo account balance.
One thing you need to be confirmed is that your source fund has enough balance.
Can I Transfer Money from Venmo to PayPal?
A direct transfer from Venmo to PayPal is not possible other than both of them are connected to the same source of funds like the same bank account or a credit/debit card. However, there are alternative options like taking a third-party transfer service to transfer funds from Venmo to PayPal. The money transfer service providers like TransferWise, Currency Fair, and Xoom, can all be used for this purpose. Transferring from the same bank account (connected to Venmo and PayPal) to PayPal needs 3 to 5 business days.
- How to Transfer Buying Power From Robinhood to Bank? – 3 Super Easy Way
- 7 Ways to Instant ACH Transfer No Verification
How to Link Venmo to PayPal?
Tying up your Venmo account to your PayPal account is simple. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Hit the (⚙️) icon at the upper-right corner to get access to settings.
- Press “Payments” in the left-hand column.
- In the “Manage payments” section, click on “Link Venmo’’
- Enter your Venmo username and password to “Sign In.”
- Tap on “Agree” to link PayPal with Venmo.
After you complete these steps, your Venmo account will be linked to your PayPal account.
Is It Necessary to Add a Bank Account to Venmo?
It is necessary to add a bank account to Venmo. This is because Venmo requires an authorized bank account or debit/credit card to send and receive money. When you add a bank account, Venmo will verify the account by making two small deposits into the bank account.
How to Transfer Venmo to PayPal Without Bank Account?
Direct transfer from Venmo to PayPal without a bank account is not feasible. You must link both Venmo and PayPal accounts to the same bank account and use the account as a portal for transfers from one another. Still, there are a few indirect ways. One of the ways is to transfer the funds from Venmo to a bank account and connect the same account to your PayPal wallet. Now you can use PayPal to send the funds to the other PayPal account.
The second way is to use the route of third-party money transfer services providers like TransferWise, CurrencyFair, or Xoom. You have to tie your Venmo account to the money transfer providers and this will allow you to transfer the funds directly to PayPal. Third, you can use a peer-to-peer payment app, like Square Cash or Apple Pay Cash. These need to connect to both of your Venmo and PayPal accounts and you can move funds from one platform to another.
Transfer Via Xoom
To transfer Venmo to PayPal without a bank, you need to use PayPal’s service named Xoom. Here is a step-by-step guide to transfer your funds from Venmo to PayPal with the help of Xoom service.
- Download Xoom app or visit https://www.xoom.com/
- Sign up with Email Address, Phone Number
- Now, link your Venmo account or Venmo Debit card to your new Xoom account with Venmo email and password.
- Choose PayPal as a receiving platform. Use your PayPal account’s email to do this.
- Fill up your desired amount to start transferring.
- Within a few minutes or few hours, your funds will arrive in your PayPal account.
How to Use Venmo Instant Transfer to PayPal?
Instant transfer from Venmo to PayPal is possible by following the steps:
- Link the same bank account or card to Venmo and PayPal.
- After linking the bank account to both, enter your Venmo and choose Transfer to Bank with a specified amount.
- Click the transfer option like Instant and tap the Transfer button.
- Now go back to PayPal and continue to the Transfer Money button.
- Click on Add money to your balance button to see the linked bank account to both.
- Select that bank account and press Add. The money will transfer to your PayPal account.
The content how to transfer Venmo to PayPal without bank account learns you about Transferring funds from Venmo to PayPal can be a convenient way to move money from one platform to another with little charge. With a bank account, the transfer is very straightforward and without a bank account, you need to follow the indirect ways we mention in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
On May 23, 2022, Venmo Consumer and Business Profile instant transactions will incur the following fees: Quick transactions now cost $0.25 to $25. The transaction fee used to be 1.5% of the transaction value, with a minimum of $0.25 and a maximum of $15.
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal yet. You have to use a bank account to do this which might take 3-5 business days to complete the operation.
So, there is no direct method to pay someone on Venmo without an account. You can use your friend’s account to make the payment. another way is to ask the recipient if they accept other payments method like bank transfers and tell them to use the funds to add to their Venmo balance.
You can transfer money to anyone who has an eligible bank account in the USA or has a visa/master debit card. It just takes 30 minutes to transfer money with a 1.75% fee for each transfer.
There is no difference between the companies. The Venmo app was launched in 2009 as a social payment app. Venmo and PayPal were owned by the same company in late 2013 and are the same company today.