Debit cards are accepted almost everywhere, making purchases easier for people. The majority of retailers accept debit cards which makes it convenient for customers. Debit card transactions are easy and do not take much time. The peaceful medium between credit cards and cash is a debit card. If you have a question, such as how to get cash with a debit card number, this article will provide you with all the knowledge you need.
How To Use Debit Cards?
You can use your debit card online or at an ATM, and both methods are safe. While putting a debit card at use in online to make purchases follow these steps:
- After hitting the checkout button, they will ask you to select a specific method for payment. Click on use credit/debit card.
- When prompted, fill the boxes with all the information required regarding your debit card.
- Most stores ask for the debit card number, date of expiry, and from the back of the card, the CVV number. You will find the 3-number CVV code on the back part of the debit card.
- Then, you must bill the address to verify that you legally own the debit card.
Ways to Use a Debit Card at an Atm Booth for Getting Cash or Depositing
- To withdraw or deposit money in your checking account, you must visit your nearest ATM booth and take along your debit card.
- Insert the debit card into the ATM.
- For security reasons, you will be asked for your card’s PIN which has been chosen for your card.
- Then, you will be given options on the screen for withdrawing cash, viewing the balance, transferring money, or depositing cash.
- After the transaction, take out the debit card and keep the receipt with you for safety.
- 11 Best Apps That Pay Instantly to Cash App
- How to Transfer Buying Power From Robinhood to Bank? – Super Easy Way
Why is a Debit Card Number Important?
The debit card number, also known as a permanent account number or PAN, is a 16-digit code, written on the front of the card. The first six digits represent the bank identification number, and the other ten is unique to each cardholder. All numbers are three-dimensional on the cards. Each digit on the card is important because they are necessary for the identification, security, and validation of the user during the payment process.
From the 7th to the 15th, digits are linked to your bank account. The single last digit identifies whether your debit card is valid and is known as the check digit. It allows validation for all the other digits. All the numbers are linked mathematically, so ensure to write them correctly.
How to Get Cash with Just a Debit Card Number?
Withdrawing money using only the debit card 16-digit numbers is considered theft, as you must put in the CVV number and expiration date. ATM booths require you to stick the card into the machine and enter your password to get out cash. This means using just the debit card number to get cash is impossible.
- If you plan to get out cash with only the card numbers, you will be unsuccessful, as it is illegal to do so.
- Even attempting to go through it will cause some backlash.
- You are also required to know the 4-digit temporary PINs that arrive on your mobile number or email address to confirm the purchase.
However, for transferring money to another person, you will only need the 16-digits of the recipient’s card number. You still have to enter your card’s 16-digit numbers, CVV and expiry date. For money withdrawal, you must have every information of your debit card so that your card does not get blocked for being reported as stolen.
How to Get Cash Without a Debit Card Number?
Not having a debit card number means you do not have the card with you now. You can access many options for withdrawing money from an ATM without a credit or debit card. One of the easiest ways of making cardless withdrawals is by using a mobile wallet or your mobile banking application.
- One of the easiest and safest ways of withdrawing cash without a card is by visiting the bank directly to withdraw the cash, even though doing so will charge you a fee.
- You can also cash a cheque or collect the cashback for getting cash without a debit card number or other information.
- Prepaid cards are very useful for withdrawing money and they do not require any additional fees.
- Cardless ATMs also allow you to withdraw money without needing a card.
How to Withdraw Money Using Card-Less ATMs
Here come cardless ATMs, which are the new inventions that allow you to access your account and withdraw cash in the absence of a card.
- First, they will verify your account using a text message or banking app on your mobile.
- The variations of cardless technology include verification codes, quick response codes (QR), biometric verification, and near-field communication NFC.
- Once you have verified your identity by using the verification code or scanning the QR code on the ATM screen or typing the PIN, the ATM will allow you to take out the amount of money you indicated.
What To Do If You Lose Your Debit Card?
Losing your debit card is a huge problem for everyone as it can lead to thieves accessing the money you have worked hard for. Here is a list of actions you should take when you realize that your card is not with you.
- The first step after you are confirmed that your debit card is nowhere to be found would be contacting your bank and reporting the missing item. Report it by visiting the bank or over the phone immediately. The bank will immediately cancel your card and issue a new one which might take some days, up to almost seven days to arrive. Some banks also allow you to freeze your card from your online bank account directly.
- You should also sign into your online banking account and look for any transactions you have not gone through. If there is one, write down the transaction details and report it to your bank. Do not spare even small unknown transactions.
- If your card is subscribed to any automatic payments, such as utility or bills, then call the company to let them know that your account is closed for the time being. These recurring payments will not be successful as your card has been cancelled.
When you are looking for how to get cash with just a debit card number, remember that going through such a process would be considered illegal as it triggers the bank system so that the card may have been stolen. Debit cards can be used online and for physical transactions, and you must have all the information required for your debit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
You have to issue a new card to change the debit card number. You cannot request a specific card number as the numbers are mathematically aligned.
The cash withdrawal limits from an ATM range from $300 to $1000 each day. The limit varies from bank to bank.
Cardless ATMs allow you to access your account and withdraw cash without the use of a card. Instead, they rely on account verification via text message or a smartphone banking app. Cardless ATMs can operate in a variety of ways.
All debit cards have a PIN, but not always. You can’t use a debit card at an ATM without a PIN.
Instantly receive money with a debit card. If you want money directly deposited into your bank account or transferred instantly, provide the sender with your account information. Include your card name.