Try headphones if you want to get more into a PS4 game. But some PS4 headsets might not work with the system, which would make attaching your headset harder than you’d like. Sony, like Apple, would rather you buy only Pulse headphones and stay within their ecosystem. It could make it hard for competing brands of headphones, especially cheap wireless headphones, to sell their products. Beats headphones are popular among young people because they sound great and are used by a lot of people. Can you Connect Beats to PS4, though? Let’s talk about this.
Do Beats Wired Headphones Work With PlayStation?
Both the PS4 and PS5 can work with wired Beats headphones, as was already said. The Dual Shock and Dual Sense controllers have a 3.5mm audio jack, and they can also talk to each other wirelessly between the two consoles. If you want to use your Beats headphones with a PlayStation, they must have a 3.5mm jack. But you need a Beats headset with a microphone already built in. If that happened, the console’s earphones would be useless. Most of the time, I use headphones to talk to my team and get into long arguments with the other side.
How to Connect Wired Beats to PS4?
After you connect your wired Beats headphones to your PlayStation, you’ll need to change a few settings so that sound goes to your headphones as well as your microphone is picked by the console. Here’s how to do it if you have a PlayStation 4:
- By connecting the two, you can use your headphones with your DualShock 4.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Devices from the list of options.
- Choose the music gear you like best.
- Open the menu for Output Devices.
- Click on the “Headset Connected to Controller” option.
- Go back to “Output to Headphones” and make sure “All Audio” is selected this time.
- Under Audio Devices, you can use the slider for “Volume Control (Headphones)” to change how loud your headphones are.
Learn More: 7 Ways to Combine Two Audio Sources Into One Headphone
Do Beats Wireless Headphones Work With the PlayStation?
Using headphones that are not made by Sony with a Sony game system is not easy. For third-party Bluetooth headphones to collaborate with the PS5, they must pay a license fee. So, you’ll need a Bluetooth adapter if you want to use your Beats wireless headphones to your PlayStation. We all know that businesses try to keep us in their environment to make more money. So, even though there are better options, I always go back to the Air Pods Pro that I use with my iPhone. Easy setup and connection always come out on top. In this way, the PlayStation is the same as everything else.
How to Connect Wireless Beats to PS4?
If you want to use your wireless Beats headphones with a PlayStation 4, you need a Bluetooth audio transmitter. Since it works with codecs like aptX, it can be used with other systems like a Windows PC. The bundle comes with both the AUX adapter and the USB Bluetooth transmitter. The AUX cable plugs into the controller and lets you play music. On the other hand, the USB adaptor pairs with the wireless Beats headphones and sends PlayStation music straight into your ears. Read on to learn how to connect your Beats wireless headphones to your PS4.
- First, plug the USB adapter into the PlayStation’s USB port. Then, plug the 3.5mm AUX adapter into the audio jack on a PlayStation controller.
- The USB adaptor will blink to show that it is getting power. Press the adapter’s button to start the pairing mode.
- If you want to connect your wireless Beats headphones or earbuds, you’ll need to press the pairing button.
- Once the headphones are connected to the adapter, the pairing light will stop blinking.
- In the Settings menu on the PS4, first choose Device and then select Audio Devices from the list of options.
- Under “Input Device,” choose “Headset Connected to Controller,” and then save your changes. Shows that the AUX mic adaptor is working well.
- Go to Output Device and choose “USB Headphones” to send game sounds to the Bluetooth transmitter and then to your Beats headphones (USB Audio Device).
- Go back to the Audio Devices menu and choose Adjust Microphone Level to change how loud your microphone is. You can also use the Volume Control(Headphones) option to change the volume of your Beats headphones.
Checking the Right Connection
Do a sound check to make sure that the device is in good shape. Depending on how your headset works, you may have to try out different settings before you get the effect you want. Keep in mind that the PS4 can only connect to Bluetooth devices so many times. The specific price depends on the model of each console (check your user manual for specifics). But users should expect that they can only have between three and four connections at a time. You should play games with the rules as they are now. Check to see if your changes are correct. Go to the PS4’s settings and find the Audio Devices page.
How to Connect Beats Headphones Mic with PS4?
How well does the Beats microphone work with the PlayStation 4? A lucky Yes is the right answer. But things aren’t as simple as they look at first. Please follow these steps to get the most out of your Beats.
- A 3.5-millimeter auxiliary cord can be used to connect the headphones to the controller.
- Now is the time to go to the PlayStation’s configuration menu.
- From the Settings menu, choose Devices.
- Once you find the Audio Devices menu, choose the Headset that came with the console at first.
- Go back to the menu for “Audio Devices” and click the volume slider for the microphone. See here to find out if the microphone on your headphones works.
- If your headphones are turned off, the Microphone level won’t be shown.
After you’ve made sure the Beats microphone works, you can start using it to talk to other people or record your gaming.
Are Beats Headphones Good For PS4 Gaming?
Most gamers are purists who seek to impose that only “gaming” headphones can give them a good experience. But this doesn’t always happen; not all Beats headphones can be used with the PS4. In general, gaming headphones should last a long time, sound good, have a valid microphone, and be enjoyable to wear for long periods of time. Almost every pair of Beats headphones is built to last, has good sound, and is comfortable to wear.
The microphones, on the other hand, are not good. If you want to try Bluetooth headphones or earbuds, Beats has a lot of different models to choose from. The mic is much more stable on wireless headphones. Since Beats headphones weren’t made with gaming or online chat in mind, it’s not clear if they’re good for gaming or not. When playing games on a PlayStation 4, you must decide for yourself if buying a set of Beats headphones is worth the money and cost.
Ecosystems can be helpful, but they can also be used to steer customers away from products that are competing with each other. Even though Pulse headsets are well-made and have a lot of useful features, there’s no reason to spend hundreds of dollars on them when you can get a stylish set of Beats headphones for much less. But the cheap Bluetooth adaptor makes it easy to connect the Beats wireless headphones to the PlayStation. Even with all of Sony’s efforts, the market for gaming headphones remains competitive. You can’t use Beats with a PS4, but it’s not impossible. In the end, I hope this post solved all of your gaming problems about Connecting Beats to PS4.
Frequently Asked Question
You can connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS4, but only if they are made to work with the PS4. If you want to listen to your PS4 games while you’re on the go, you’ll need Bluetooth headphones made for the PS4.
I’d say that’s quite possible. Connect a third-party USB Bluetooth adapter to a free USB port on the PS4. Hold down the button on the case until the headphones connect. Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices to see if your AirPods are connected right. When using AirPods with a PS4, there is no way to talk to other players right now.