Roku isn’t a recent word. It has a long history and an enormous amount of media devices. It becomes prominent because of its streaming services for TV shows and movies. It won’t be available without the internet. That’s why you’ll be missing your programs when Roku can’t connect to local network.
Therefore we’re sharing some easy methods for troubleshooting to pass this type of situation. In this article, we’ve shown you ways to fix Roku cannot connect to your local network both manually and automatically. This article would also help you to troubleshoot some error messages that you’ve got related to Roku can’t connect to local network.
Roku Can’t Connect to Local Network, What it Means?
Roku cannot connect to your local network is an error name where error details are hidden beneath. Why this happened, which systemic material or application caused this malfunction are included here along with some other information. The numerical code which is hidden beneath the error name can be decoded by the manufacturer of the material or application which caused this malfunction.
This numerical code in the error name carries error data that may occur in many other locations. So, without proper technical knowledge and appropriate software, it’s hard for the users to pinpoint the error to fix.
Causes of Roku Can’t Connect to Local Network
If you got this error on your computer, it means there was a malfunction going on with your operation of the system. Some common reasons for this are inaccurate installation or uninstallation of software which may have left null and void in your windows registry, a result of the virus and malware attack, inaccurate system shut down because of power failure.
Another reason, someone with little knowledge of technology may mistakenly deleting any important system file or registry entry etc. A quick reason the Roku cannot connect to your local network is inappropriately running normal activity of a system or application component.
7 Best Fixes!!!
1. Test Internet Speed
When you’re unable to maintain your Roku app, you should check the Internet settings on your phone. But at first, you need to make sure you’re connected to the strong network as Roku can’t perform optimally in the fragile connection. So, you need to check the connectivity in your Roku device through the network icon.
Afterwards automatically your Roku device will analyse the quality of the Internet signals and velocity so wait for a moment. This will help you to verify the actual reason for the network connectivity issue. Normally, we all accuse our router of weak signal speed and stability. Still, we should check twice other connectors to ensure everything.
So, you should try to connect other devices with the same local network to ensure the exact problem. If you see no connectivity, then there’s a problem with the network connection. Or if you see your devices are working perfectly with the similar internet, then there’s something wrong with your Roku device.
2. Restart the Router
You should always restart your router and modem in the first place for certain cases. If your Roku device isn’t connecting to the local network afterwards, restart your Roku. Follow the simple steps to restart Roku below;
- Open settings and then tap to the system tab.
- To restart your Roku device now, tap on system restart.
Restart activity can also be occurred to normalize software glitch and speed.
3. Ethernet Cable
You can try to use the Ethernet cable connection when your Roku device cannot connect like usual with the local network. But it’s not possible to connect cable with the Roku Stick. However, the internet will optimize the streamlined connectivity if you use the cable to connect with the Roku player.
4. DNS Setting
DNS setting can be an issue with your struggle to connect your Roku with the local network so it’s a thing to ensure as well. To optimize your DNS setting, follow the notified step:
- Login to your router through your name and password using IP address, hit enter button filling requirements afterwards.
- After logging, navigate down and find DNS settings from the menu bar.
- Differentiate to Public DNS address from internal DNS address adding 22.214.171.124 in DNS1 while 126.96.36.199. in DNS2.
- Save your changes
- Now restart both your Roku and router at the same time to make sure they could connect timely.
- Now check.
5. Name of Network
Chances are not less than your Roku might be connected with the wrong network at the same time. So, it’s better to check your network name including password. This step might be useful for you because of the similar names of the local networks. Therefore go to your accessible networks list to choose your network and enter an accurate password.
6. HDMI Cable
When you’ll see aforesaid steps aren’t working out for you, finally you should see if your cables are perfectly and tightly installed or not. Because loose and inaccurate plugging will be the reason for bad signal issues and impairments. So check your HDMI cable’s one end is connected to your TV’s back tightly and another end is connected to your Roku device.
- Can I Get DirecTV with Bad Credit? Best Method
- Straight Talk Wireless Coverage Map | Guide | Comparison
- 7 Best Cable Services That Don’t Need Credit Check
- Best Broadband Deals with No Credit Check
7. How to Fix Roku Can’t Connect to Local Network By PC Repair
Follow these steps to fix the problem which are highly suggested. First fix your PC, then another 6 Roku fixing ways waiting for you, if it’s not really work.
PC free repair tool helps to repair your error easily. This tool is strong enough alone to find any malicious substance hidden in the computer.
- Search “Reimage Repair” on the internet and download it. Then save the file to access easily afterwards.
- After finishing the download, run the file by double-clicking and it will start to process the installation. ‘User account control’ will appear for confirmation, click yes.
- You’ll see a welcome screen after launching the program. To allow automatic scanning by the repair tool leave the checkbox unmarked and click ‘Install’ to install the software.
- After that tool will start to be installed by itself. This tool definitely will need updates and internet connection as usual tools.
- This tool will start to scan your PC’s health automatically to check whether there’s any problem.
- After scanning your machine the tool will inform you which areas are affected and if there’s any need for fixing. If there is, click the ‘start repair’ button in the right corner of the tool.
- After all these procedures your PC should be fixed. You should restart your PC to make sure your PC is working.
How Does it Work?
This repair application will scan to diagnose problematic issues. With the patent-pending technology, this tool will fix your windows operating system structure of your PC.
Primary features of the repair tool: repairs reboot-related problems, customized startup, program removal management, regular updates, repairing windows structure, management of browser helper objects.