Physical Bank and Virtual Bank, there are some unique differences between them. One is situated in front of the eye, and another is online. But both banks are necessary for our everyday life. Nowadays, virtual banks are popular because they are hassle-free. Getting a free virtual bank account no ssn is hope for everyone. Let’s check out some outstanding banks that don’t need Social Security Numbers (SSN) to open.
What is Virtual Bank?
A virtual bank is a type of bank service that runs virtually. Generally, there are no physical branches for it. Customers can open a bank account, make deposits, and transfer money between the same or different currencies via mobile app or through a website. Banking with virtual banks is one of the easiest ways. It saves your time and you don’t need to visit a bank for managing money.
What is SSN?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) assigns a 9-digit unique number to each person. This number is called the Social Security Number (SSN) These numbers were introduced in 1936 in the USA and used for tracking an individual’s earnings. According to the SSA report, 450 million SSN have been issued and the rest of 420 million are ready for assignment. Each Social Security Number has 3 phases. Let’s see.
- Area Number: The first set of 3 digits is treated as Area Number. This part indicates the location where the card was first applied for.
- Group Number: The second set of 2 digits is treated as Group Number. It is ranging from 01 to 99 and is used to divide SSN’s number from Area Number too small sets. It is separated from Area Number and administrators feel easier when learning by heart or giving it to others.
- Serial Number: The third set of 4 digits is treated as a Serial Number. This number ranges from 0001 to 9999. It is a unique number generated randomly.
Why You Should Go for Free Virtual Bank Account No SSN?
There are massive benefits to using Virtual Bank accounts with No SSN. There is no hassle in going to the bank and standing in a long line. You can manage your money online easily. Other cool benefits are such as-
- No monthly fees needed
- No ATM fees
- No foreign transaction fees (for some cases)
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free budgeting and savings features
- It is safe
Payoneer is a Virtual Bank account that allows sending and receiving payments without hassle. Since 2005, this bank has been available for customers in over 200 countries. It is an alternative to Venmo, Square, Stripe or PayPal. For freelancers, marketers, and amazon product sellers, it is one of the best options so far. It can connect businesses with customers for online payments as a payment platform.
Business owners can request payment or create an eye-catching invoice for customers so that they can pay over time via bank or credit card with SSN. In terms of the new rule, Payoneer Account holders can order and get a debit card or virtual card, after transferring $100 to the account. Also can receive and transfer payments to the local currency from international companies.
|Credit card payment||Yes.|
|Available currency exchanges||More than 150.|
|Bank transfer delay||2-5 days|
|Transfer fees||Free (up to 2%).|
|Invoice||Attach PDF or use Invoid builder|
|Tax||Stores, Collects and Requests data|
- It is operating in around 200 countries with 150 local currencies.
- It offers free payments between Payoneer accounts.
- It provides a custom invoices facility and allows for payment requests from individual clients.
- The Payoneer customer support system is robust and includes email, live chat, and phone support.
- There are high card transaction fees.
- It is not a supported payment method and acts as an obstacle for e-commerce operations.
- It adds a currency conversion charge of 2% for international transactions. It also charges an annual fee for usage of Mastercard.
2) Wise (Formerly TransferWise)
TransferWise or Wise is an online virtual bank with an International Bank Account Number (IBAN). It offers the best and cheapest way to send money from the US to 80 other countries. Since the Wise website is straightforward. The homepage is designed with an instant calculator that shows fees and rates. Wise allows multiple currencies for business and personal accounts. There are good exchange rates available as well as it is easier to navigate the transfer process. Additionally, you can fund wise money through a bank account or credit card. It is noted that you must have a bank linked to your Wise account.
Fees of Currency Exchange
|EUR to USD||0.41%|
|GBP to USD||0.35%|
|USD to EUR||0.42%|
|GBP to PLN||0.42%|
- Delivery within minutes
- Low fees
- No rate markups
- Best currency rate
- Remarkable customer service experience
- Slower bank transfer delivery times than other providers
- U.S. phone support is limited
Revolut is a banking app that offers to send and transfer money in real-time. Unlike other banks, Revolut has two banking licenses. Lithuania and Australian citizens are lucky to have Revolut in their place. It is focused on providing reliable mobile and online banking to avoid excessive fees on transferring of so-called banks. They offer prepaid cards so users can top up via bank transfer or credit/debit card. With the help of the Revolut application, users can send money or request payment instantly from the contact list.
By using Revolut prepaid cards, users can purchase things online worldwide. The reason why it is more precious is that it supports 30 national currencies with a 0% commission rate on a purchase. The card is also used in buying cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
|Feature or Highlight||Answer|
|Platforms available||Mobile and web|
|Licenses or Regulations||ECB, FCA, CySEC, DNB, FinCEN, ASIC|
|Features||Crypto broker, Investment Broker, Digital Bank, Money Transfer|
|Money transfer fees||Low|
|Crypto trading fees||2.5%|
|Trading fees||0,25 %|
|Digital Bank fees||0|
- Savings vault account can earn interest as well as bonus money.
- No monthly fee for Standard subscription plan.
- Offers currency exchange for more than 28 currencies.
- You can apply for a Revolut Business loan
- Freeze card when it is stolen or lost
- Free purchases
- Competitive exchange rate
- Easy to apply
- Ability to issue a card to employees
- Flexible account options
- Mobile App
- Must meet spending requirements to earn bonus rate.
- No cash or check deposit.
- Revolut charges fees for ATM withdrawals that exceed $300 a month.
- Premium account plans have monthly fees that start at $9.99.
- Charges fee for delivery of its Revolut card.
- No live customer service via telephone.
N26 is a digital German online bank situated in Berlin. Since it is a virtual bank account, you have to use it for online purposes. That doesn’t mean it’s not a real bank. Obviously, it’s a certified real bank. But, It just saves you valuable time, you don’t need to spend time managing your money at the branch. You can open a virtual account within a few minutes that doesn’t require paperwork and then move your money to bank accounts. You can also withdraw money from an ATM.
This online bank offers 3 types of accounts: a Standard account, a Premium account, Business account. There are no hidden fees or maintenance fees here. It comes with an N26 Virtual card and a physical debit Mastercard. It is good to hear that N26 collaborates with Wise for international transfer, to make transfer easier and cheaper. No fee for receiving money from anyone and the same currency transfer doesn’t require a fee, it’s totally free.
N26 Fees Chart
|Account opening fee||$0|
|ATM withdrawals with Allpoint||Unlimited & free|
|ATM withdrawals outside Allpoint’s network||$2 + 2%⁷|
|Foreign transaction fees||None|
- Free to open an account
- No monthly fees
- Unlimited & free withdrawals within Allpoint’s network
- $2 + 2% ATM withdrawal fee outside Allpoint’s network⁷
- Credit cards not available
Bunq provides a free virtual bank account no SSN. It was founded in 2015 in the Netherlands. It supports the European Economic Area (EEA). All citizens of EEA can sign up on Bunq. Non-Europeans also able to create an account on Bunq. But it requires additional information described here. On Bunq, customers can open business and personal accounts both. Up to 25 sub-accounts and 3 physical cards and 5 virtual debit Mastercard can be achieved by each customer.
The Bunq tagline is “Bank of the free”. Bunq also offers a Bunq Travel Card which is a surprising gift for every traveler. A fully licensed bank in the Netherlands, that’s up to €100,000 is protected by a Dutch deposit Guarantee.
Bunq Account Statistics
|Easy Money||Easy Green||Easy Bank||Easy Savings|
|Product Name||bunq Easy Money Personal||bunq Easy Green Personal||bunq Easy Bank Personal||bunq Easy Savings Personal|
|Monthly Fee||€ 8.99||€ 17.99||€ 2.99||€ 0|
|Card delivery||Up to 10 working days||Up to 10 working days||Up to 10 working days||N/A|
|Supported currencies||GBP, SEK, PLN, CHF, DKK, NOK, USD, CZK, CAD, AUD, HUF, BGN, RON, EUR, SGD, HKD, MXN, INR, MYR||GBP, SEK, PLN, CHF, DKK, NOK, USD, CZK, CAD, AUD, HUF, BGN, RON, EUR, SGD, HKD, MXN, INR, MYR||GBP, SEK, PLN, CHF, DKK, NOK, USD, CZK, CAD, AUD, HUF, BGN, RON, EUR, SGD, HKD, MXN, INR, MYR||EUR|
|Card fee||€ 9.99||€ 9.99||€ 9.99||–|
|ATM fee for Euro||€ 2.99||€ 2.99||€ 2.99||–|
|International ATM fee||€ 2.99||€ 2.99||€ 2.99||–|
|Currency conversion fee||0%||0%||0%||–|
|Free ATM withdrawal limit||First four withdrawals per month are free, the five after are € 0.99||First four withdrawals per month are free, the five after are € 0.99||The first 5 withdrawals cost € 0.99 per month||N/A|
|Mobile payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay, iDEAL||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay, iDEAL||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay, iDEAL||–|
- 25 fully functional bank accounts with unique IBANs
- Pay abroad without currency exchange fees
- Free worldwide ATM withdrawals up to 10 times a month
- Partnership with Wise for 8X cheaper international payments
- Autosave money
- Travel assistant
- Budgeting and insights
- Slice groups
- Family account
- No free accounts
- Only supports Euros
- inbound Swift charges from 5€
- Trees are planted only if you spend with a Metal card which is expensive
- Many fees
6) Nuri (Formerly Bitwala)
Nuri, also known as Bitwala, is a digital bank that is famous for combining fiat money and cryptocurrency. In the back of 2015, it was launched in Germany and operates by following German laws. Currently, It has 250000 active users. It has a variety of features that are helpful for every crypto investor. Some of the best features of Nuri’s include free Visa debit cards, Nuri Wallet, Savings plans, Tax reports, Bitcoin accounts, etc. In Particular, Visa debit cards are used globally. And credit cards offer unlimited free ATM withdrawals. You can manage your money through a mobile app. It is pretty useful, you can lock or unlock a credit card anytime through the app.
|Main Features||Buying and selling bitcoin/Ethereum, Bitcoin interest account|
|Supported Cryptos||2 for now (BTC, ETH)|
|Crypto Storage||Custodial and non-custodial wallet|
|Deposit Method||SEPA, Wire, Wallet transfer|
|Insurance||€100,000 Deposit Guarantee on fiat|
- Seamless Trading of Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Easy to use platform – Mobile app and Web app
- Fully Regulated
- Backed by reputed VCs across the world
- High interest rates on Bitcoin
- Available for 70+ nationalities across the world
- Completely free VISA Debit card with unlimited monthly withdrawals at no additional cost
- Great customer support
- Available only for residents of EEA countries
- Maximum trading limit of €30,000 per week
7) MultiPass (Formerly DynaPay)
MultiPass or DynaPay is a banking alternative. It provides multi-currency IBANs for payments. It accepts SEPA, SWIFT, and Target2 payment methods which also work outside the EU. MultiPass offers both Business and Merchant accounts. For international payment, it offers an excellent payment gateway that helps in making international payments easily.
|DynaPay Basic||EEA Registered Entity||Multinational Entity|
|Offered to||EEA and UK low-risk||Other EEA based||Non-EEA based|
|Initial Fee||0.00 EUR||200.00 EUR||500.00 EUR|
|Monthly Fee||9.90 EUR||50.00 EUR||100.00 EUR|
|Closing Fee||0.00 EUR||100.00 EUR||200.00 EUR|
|SEPA Outgoing||10.00 EUR||10.00 EUR||15.00 EUR|
|SWIFT Outgoing||35.00 EUR||35.00 EUR||35.00 EUR|
|CHAPS Transfer Fee||18.00 GBP||18.00 GBP||27.00 GBP|
|Faster Payments Transfer Fee||1.00 GBP||1.00 GBP||3.00 GBP|
- EUR, GBP, IBANs, SWIFT and SEPA payments
- Instant international payments
- Invoicing and reporting
- API integration
- DynaPay does not offer a free trial plan unless for promotional purposes
- It only accepts businesses and merchants within the EU, EEA, Hong and Canada
Rewire is a digital banking and money transfer service. It provides a free virtual bank account no ssn is required. Fortunately, Rewire acts as a game-changer. It is specially designed for those who stay abroad (mainly in Europe) and spend large amounts of time. It helps foreign workers in Britain to send money at home. Generally, getting a British bank account is a time-consuming and painful process. But, thanks to Rewire for making it super easy.
Now foreigners can easily send money from the following countries: India, Ghana, China, Keya, Nepal, Nigeria, Thailand, etc. It also includes a dedicated online bank account with Mastercard and is able to transfer money globally or locally. There are no boundaries in transferring money anywhere. Additionally, they provide a full plan for immigrants with a free IBAN account and Mastercard that helps them to withdraw cash, make purchases, and many more.
|Transfer Speed||0-2 days|
|Transfer Charges||Low fees, close to the mid-market exchange rate.|
|Key Features||Multilingual customer serviceMoney management app|
|Transfer Methods||Credit/debit card, Instant bank transfer, Mobile App|
- Free British IBAN account
- Easy to open an account
- Customer support in your language
- Free international prepaid Mastercard
- No hidden fees
- Tailor-made for immigrants
- Limited number of currencies
- Not many countries to send money to outside Europe
Monese is the first app-only bank launched in the United Kingdom. There is a bitter truth behind the invention. Founder Norris Koppel suffered from bad credit, he can’t open a bank account for this. After a certain time, he decided to launch Monese. It was also recognized as the best challenger bank at European Fintech Awards. For research and innovation, it received €1.1m in funds. Anyone living in the EEA (European Economic Area) can open a Monese virtual account.
Additionally, you can use the Monese mobile app to open a bank account and manage your money. After successfully opening the account, you will get an account number with other important information. Then you can send or receive payments but a contactless Mastercard debit card is required for this. Order a debit card, wait a few days, then start transferring money to your friend and family.
Monese Cost Chart
|Cost||FREE (a delivery fee of £4.95 applies)||£1.95/month||£5.95/month||£14.95/month|
|Contactless debit card||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|First card delivery fee||£4.95||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Currency account (open EUR & RON account at no extra cost)||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Direct debits & Standing orders||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Cash withdrawal||£1.50 fee||£200 free per month (2% fee thereafter)||£500 free per month (2% fee thereafter)||£1,500 free per month (2% fee thereafter)|
|Free manual cash top-up at Post Office & PayPoint||3.5% fee||3.5% fee||£400 free per month (3.5% fee thereafter)||£1,000 free per month (3.5% fee thereafter)|
|Spend abroad||2% fee||0.5% fee||FREE||FREE|
|International transfers||2.5% fee (1% on weekends)||2% fee (1% on weekends)||From 0.5%||FREE|
|Bills Protection Insurance||❌||Up to £600||Up to £1,200||Up to £1,800|
|Hospital stay insurance benefit||❌||£15 per day (up to 30 days)||£30 per day (up to 30 days)||£50 per day for 30 days|
|Purchase Protection Insurance||❌||❌||Up to £1,000 per claim £2,500 per year (for purchases made in the last 90 days)||Up to £4,000 per claim, £10,000 per year (purchases made in last 180 days)|
|Priority customer support||❌||❌||❌||✔️|
- Bills and Purchase Protection Insurance
- Quick and easy to set up an account
- Spending categorisation and notifications
- Dual currency accounts
- Monese Credit Builder
- No overdraft or loans
- Some account limitations as explained here
- Free account has limited features
- Unable to spend abroad fee-free with a Standard account
10) Starling Bank
In app-only virtual banks, Starling Bank is a well-known brand. Though it received a banking license in 2016-2017 within a short time, gathered huge customers. Starling Bank has a unique approach to banking. Your expectations will fill up because it is also a bank. No matter if it is app-only or not. You don’t need to visit physical bank branches. You have your own money management tools. A contactless Mastercard debit card is ready to help you 24/7. So, what are you waiting for? Additionally, like other virtual banks, Starling also has personal, joint, and business accounts. You can open whatever you want.
- Offers a Personal or Joint current account
- Euro and Teen accounts also available
- Analyze your habits with Spending Insights
- Use Goals to save money easily
- Earn interest of up to 0.5% from your balance
- Overdraft facility available
- Personal loans available
- Supports Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Overdrafts come with a 15% equivalent annual rate
- Additional 0.4% fee for sending payments overseas
- If you lose a card abroad you could be charged £60
- If you certify documents you could be charged £20
Maximum virtual banks help you in saving unnecessary charges that traditional banks charge. Virtual banks help online freelancers, marketers, and affiliate associates in getting or transferring money anywhere. Nothing can be more good than a free virtual bank account no SSN. In the digital world, Virtual banks are a gift for us, we shouldn’t neglect this.